Regardless of how capable and independent a person used to be, there will come a time when they may need some extra assistance in terms of personal care as daily living activities may pose a burden as one grows older. Hence, hiring a dedicated caregiver is crucial in order to help your senior loved ones attain quality home health in Georgia.
Still, we understand that finding the right caregivers can be daunting. So, as an agency that provides exceptional home care in Augusta, Georgia, our staff has, therefore, listed down some factors that you ought to take into account when selecting the ideal home care agency for your family members:
- Does the agency provide materials containing explanations of its services, fees, eligibility requirements, and funding sources? Several care providers furnish care recipients and potential clients with a comprehensive Patient Bill of Rights, wherein providers’, caregivers’, and care recipients’ rights and responsibilities are outlined.
- How long have they been in business? What range of home care services do they offer? Do they offer the services you specifically need? Do they include the clients and their family members in the development of the care plan?
- Are they state-licensed and Medicare-certified? Can they explain the insurance coverage to be adopted and what the clients shall pay? They must have an established track record, among other things.
- What are their policies concerning employee selection, training, retention, benefits, and malpractice insurance?
- How do they follow-up on and resolve care problems? Can they immediately respond to the changing needs of the care recipient?