As we get older, our sleep patterns change. We get tired faster and sleep a lot earlier. Being unable to sleep is not a normal part of the aging process and can seriously harm the elderly. Here are some tips to help improve your loved one’s sleep habits:
- Boost their melatonin levels by using low-wattage bulbs and not using gadgets before bed.
- Don’t read from any backlit devices, such as tablets, at night.
- Move their bedroom clock out of view to prevent them from anxiously watching minutes pass by.
- Make sure their room is cool, dim, and quiet.
- Don’t bring work into their bedroom, keep it strictly for sleep and other nighttime activities.
Some Causes of Insomnia in Seniors:
One key to quality home health in Georgia is knowing the possible causes of insomnia in the elderly. Take a look at this list of possible causes:
- Do they feel a lot of stress? Seek home care in Augusta, Georgia, and our nurses will make sure they live a stress-free life at home.
- Current medication
- Lack of exercise
- Lack of social engagement
If your senior loved one struggle with sleeping well, then maybe senior care in Georgia is a good option for you. We at Zena Home Care will be glad to help!